(1) A surveillance device warrant may be revoked at any time before the expiration of the period of validity stated in it by:
(a) a Judge if a Judge issued the warrant; or
(b) a magistrate if a magistrate issued the warrant.
(2) A Judge or magistrate may revoke a surveillance device warrant:
(a) after receiving a report under section 58 in relation to the warrant; or
(b) on application by or on behalf of a law enforcement officer.
(3) An application for the revocation of a warrant must not be heard in open court.
(4) A Judge or magistrate who revokes a warrant must give notice of the revocation to the chief officer of the relevant law enforcement agency.
(5) If the Judge or magistrate revokes the warrant on the application of a law enforcement officer, the Judge or magistrate is taken to have given notice of the revocation to the chief officer under subsection (4) when the Judge or magistrate revokes the warrant.