Queensland Consolidated Acts
[Search this Act]
PUBLIC HEALTH ACT 2005 - SECT 356
Application to extend order
356 Application to extend order
(1) This section applies if an emergency officer (medical) is satisfied that,
having regard to the matters stated in section 349 (1) (a) and (b) , it is
necessary to continue to detain a person after a detention order ends.
The emergency officer (medical) or the chief executive may apply to a
magistrate to extend the detention order.
(3) The application must be made
before the detention order ends.
(4) The emergency officer (medical) or the
chief executive must immediately give the person detained a copy of the
(5) The person detained must not attend the hearing of the
application but may nominate a person to represent the person detained at the
(6) The magistrate may refuse to consider the application until the
applicant gives the magistrate all the information the magistrate requires
about the application in the way the magistrate requires.
magistrate may require additional information supporting the application be
given by statutory declaration.
AustLII: Copyright Policy