Queensland Consolidated Acts
[Search this Act]
RESIDENTIAL TENANCIES AND ROOMING ACCOMMODATION ACT 2008 - SECT 477
Conduct of proceedings
477 Conduct of proceedings
(1) The chairperson presides at all meetings of the board at which the
chairperson is present.
(2) If the chairperson is absent, the director chosen
by the directors present presides.
(3) At a meeting of the board—
quorum is at least half the directors appointed; and
(b) a question is
decided by a majority of the votes of the directors present and voting; and
(c) each director present has a vote on each question to be decided and, if
the votes are equal, the director presiding has a casting vote.
(4) The board
may otherwise conduct its proceedings (including its meetings) as it considers
(5) The board may hold meetings, or permit directors to take
part in meetings, by telephone, closed-circuit television or another form of
(6) A director who takes part in a meeting of the board under
subsection (5) is taken to be present at the meeting.
(7) A resolution is a
valid resolution of the board, even though it is not passed at a meeting of
the board, if—
(a) at least half the directors give written agreement to the
(b) notice of the resolution is given under procedures
approved by the board.
AustLII: Copyright Policy