(1) A party must specify in an offer a period, ending not less than 14 days after the day of service of the offer, during which the offer is open for acceptance, and the offer may not be withdrawn during that period without the court’s leave.
(2) An offer expressed to be open for acceptance for a specified period lapses at the end of the period.
(3) The court may, at any time within which an offer is open for acceptance, give leave to a party to withdraw the offer, but the offer may be accepted at any time before the application for leave to withdraw it is decided.
(4) An application for leave to withdraw an offer may be made without notice to another party.
(5) Subrule (2) has effect even though, at the end of the period for accepting the offer, an application for leave to withdraw it has not been decided by the court.
(6) The court may not, despite another provision of these rules, extend the time for accepting an offer.