(1) This rule applies to the following subpoenas—(a) subpoenas for production;(b) subpoenas to give evidence;(c) subpoenas for production and to give evidence.
(2) The court may, on its own initiative or at the request of a party to a proceeding, issue a subpoena requiring the person specified in the subpoena to—(a) attend to give evidence as directed by the subpoena; or(b) produce a document or thing as directed by the subpoena; or(c) do both of the things mentioned in paragraphs (a) and (b) .
(3) The court may issue a subpoena electronically.
(4) A request for a subpoena—(a) must specify the person to whom the subpoena is directed by name or description of office or position unless the registrar otherwise directs or the court otherwise orders; and(b) must be filed.
(5) A party may file a single request under subrule (3) for the issuing of more than 1 subpoena.
(6) If a party files a request for a subpoena, the registrar may issue the subpoena.
(7) A subpoena must not be filed.
(8) A person to whom a subpoena is directed must comply with it.