(1) This rule applies in relation to the following subpoenas if the person to whom the subpoena is directed is not a party to the proceeding—(a) a subpoena for production;(b) a subpoena for production and to give evidence, to the extent the subpoena requires the production of a document or thing.
(2) The person must comply with the subpoena in a way mentioned in subrule (3) or (4) .
(3) The person, or an agent of the person, may—(a) attend at the date, time and place stated in the subpoena for production; and(b) produce the subpoena, or a copy of it, and the document or thing required to be produced to the court or to any person authorised to take evidence in the proceeding.
(4) The person, or an agent of the person, may deliver or send the subpoena, or a copy of it, and the document or thing required to be produced to the registry from which the subpoena was issued, so they are received not less than 2 clear business days before the earliest date stated in the subpoena.
(5) If a document or thing is produced at the registry under subrule (4) , the appropriate officer of the court must—(a) issue a receipt to the person producing the document or thing; and(b) produce the document or thing as the court directs.
(6) Also, if the person produces more than 1 document or thing under subrule (4) , the person must, if requested by the registrar, give the officer a list of the documents or things produced.