(1) The expert has a duty to assist the court.
(2) The expert—(a) is not an advocate for a party to the proceeding; and(b) must not accept instructions from any person to adopt or reject a particular opinion.
(3) The expert must comply with the requirements under the code of conduct.
(4) However, subrule (3) does not limit any provision of this part.
(5) The expert’s duties under this rule override any obligation the expert may have to—(a) any party to the proceeding; or(b) any person who is liable for the expert’s fees or expenses.