(1) A party applying to the court for appointment of an expert under rule 429G (2) must serve a copy of the application and the supporting material on each other party to the proceeding.
(2) The supporting material must—(a) state the issue in the proceeding that expert evidence may help resolve; and(b) name at least 3 experts who—(i) are qualified to give expert evidence on the issue; and(ii) have been made aware of the content of this part and consent to being appointed; and(c) state any connection known to the applicant between an expert named and a party to the proceeding.
(3) When hearing the application, the court may receive other material and make other enquiries to help decide which expert to appoint.
(4) The court may appoint an expert other than an expert named in the supporting material.
(5) The court may appoint an expert only if the expert has been made aware of the content of this part and consents to the appointment.