(1) This rule applies if judgment is obtained for damages to be assessed.
(2) The order must state which court is to conduct the assessment.
(3) The court may decide that the assessment is to be conducted by that court or by—(a) for a proceeding in the Supreme Court—the District Court; or(b) for a proceeding in the Supreme Court or the District Court—a Magistrates Court; or(c) the court constituted by a registrar or judicial registrar.
(4) A nomination under chapter 9 , part 1 for a court that could be selected under subrule (3) is sufficient compliance with subrule (2) .
(5) The court conducting the assessment may assess an amount of damages that would otherwise exceed the limits of the court’s jurisdiction.
(6) This rule is subject to rule 508 .