(1) This rule does not apply to the Magistrates Court.
(2) If—(a) an order is made or judgment given for the assessment of damages before the plaintiff complies with this part; and(b) the defendant has an address for service;the plaintiff must, at least 21 days before the date set for the assessment, serve on the defendant a statement of loss and damage complying in all respects with the requirements of this part.
(3) If the defendant asks for a copy of a document identified in the plaintiff’s statement, the plaintiff—(a) must give the defendant a copy; and(b) may charge a reasonable amount for giving the copy.
(4) If the defendant intends to appear on the assessment, the defendant must serve on the plaintiff 7 days before the date set for the assessment a statement of expert and economic evidence complying in all respects with the requirements of this part.
(5) This part, with any changes necessary, applies to an assessment of damages.