Queensland Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
PLANNING ACT 2016 - SECT 216
Requiring documents to be certified
216 Requiring documents to be certified
(1) This section applies to a document produced under section 215 to an
(2) The inspector may keep the document to copy the document.
If the inspector copies the document, or an entry in the document, the
inspector may require the person responsible for keeping the document to
certify the copy as a true copy of the document or entry.
(4) The inspector
must return the document to the person as soon as practicable after copying
(5) However, if the inspector makes a requirement of the person
under subsection (3), the inspector may keep the document until the person
complies with the requirement.
(6) The person must comply with the
requirement, unless the person has a reasonable excuse.
Maximum penalty—40 penalty units.
(7) It is not a reasonable excuse for
the person to fail to comply with the requirement on the basis that complying
with the requirement might tend to incriminate the person or expose the person
to a penalty.
However, see section 223 (which is about evidential
(8) The inspector must inform the person, in a way that is
reasonable in the circumstances—
(a) that the person must comply with the
requirement even though complying might tend to incriminate the person or
expose the person to a penalty; and
(b) that, under section 223, there is a
limited immunity against the future use of the information or document given
in compliance with the requirement.
(9) If the person fails to comply with
subsection (6), but the inspector fails to comply with subsection (8), the
person can not be convicted of the offence against subsection (6).
AustLII: Copyright Policy