(1) The Tribunal may refer any question arising in any proceedings for investigation and report by an expert in the relevant field.
(2) The Tribunal must seek submissions from the parties to the proceedings before making a reference under this section.
(3) A person to whom a question is referred under this section becomes an officer of the Tribunal and may exercise such powers of the Tribunal as the Tribunal delegates.
(4) The Tribunal may adopt a report obtained under this section in whole or in part (or may reject it).
(5) Any action taken under subsection (4) does not prevent the Tribunal from making a further reference to an expert.
(6) The Tribunal may order a party to pay or contribute to the costs of an expert's investigation and report under this section.