(1) For the purposes of this Part there is established a Compensation Assessment Panel.
(2) The Panel is to consist of 3 members who are to be appointed by the Minister, being—
(a) a chairperson who has, in the opinion of the Minister, extensive knowledge and experience in any one or more of the following areas, industry, commerce, economics, law or public administration;
S. 184(2)(b) amended by No. 35/2009 s. 47.
(b) one person, selected by the Minister, from a panel of 3 persons associated with and familiar with the fishing industry;
(c) one person who, in the opinion of the Minister, has expertise in financial matters.
(3) A person must not be appointed as a member of the Panel if that person is—
(a) a member or a deputy of the Tribunal; or
(b) an eligible rock lobster access licence holder, an eligible specified access licence holder or an eligible charter boat operator.
(4) The Minister may, at any time, remove a member of the Panel and appoint another member in accordance with subsection (2).
(5) A member is appointed for the term, not exceeding 3 years, that is specified in the instrument of appointment.
(6) A member is eligible for re-appointment.
(7) Subject to this section, a member holds office on those terms and conditions (including as to payment and travel allowances) that are specified in the member's instrument of appointment.
S. 184(8) substituted by Nos 108/2004 s. 117(1) (Sch. 3 item 79.3), 80/2006 s. 26(Sch. item 40.3).
(8) The Public Administration Act 2004 (other than Part 3 of that Act) applies to a member in respect of the office of member.
S. 185 inserted by No. 40/2002 s. 27.