(1) The court, by order, may extend or abridge any time fixed—
(a) by or under this Act; or
(b) by any order extending or abridging time made under this section—
if the court considers that it is in the interests of justice to do so.
(2) It is not necessary that an order be made under subsection (1) if a ruling made, or direction given, by the court provides for the extension or abridgement of time.
(3) The court may extend time under subsection (1) before or after the time expires.
(4) More than one extension of time may be granted under subsection (1).
(5) Unless the court otherwise orders, no material in support of an order under subsection (1) need be filed.
Part 3—Request for directions