S. 58B(1) amended by No. 58/2011 s. 104(Sch. item 4.107).
(1) Subject to this section and section 58C, the Commission, at its own initiative, may make a late hour entry declaration for an area or locality.
(2) A late hour entry declaration—
(a) must specify—
(i) the area or locality to which it applies; and
(ii) the licences or class of licences to which it applies; and
(iii) the hours during which it applies; and
S. 58B(2)(b) amended by No. 58/2011 s. 104(Sch. item 4.108).
(b) may specify any conditions that
the Commission thinks fit.
(3) A late hour entry declaration—
(a) applies to—
(i) each licensed premises in respect of which a specified licence or licence of the specified class is in force in the area or locality specified in the declaration at the time the declaration is made; and
(ii) if the declaration specifies a class of licences, each premises in the area or locality in respect of which a licence of the specified class is granted after the time the declaration is made; and
(b) has effect despite any condition of the licence for any licensed premises to which it applies.
(4) Subject to any conditions specified in a late hour entry declaration under subsection (2)(b), the licensee of licensed premises to which the declaration applies must not permit any patrons to enter the premises during the hours during which the declaration applies.
(5) For the avoidance of doubt, patrons already present in licensed premises at the time from which a late hour entry declaration applies to the premises may—
(a) leave the premises at any time; or
(b) remain in the premises at all times while the premises are authorised to trade.
S. 58C inserted by No. 8/2006 s. 9.