(1) Subject to subsection (3), a person may vote on a resolution of the owners corporation at a meeting by a show of hands or in another prescribed manner, unless the meeting resolves otherwise.
(2) Any matter (other than a matter requiring a special resolution or a unanimous resolution) must be determined at a meeting by a simple majority of votes cast at the meeting.
(3) At a meeting, a lot owner may (either in person or by proxy) before or after the vote is taken for an ordinary resolution, require that a poll be taken based on one vote for each unit of lot entitlement.
(4) Voting in a poll under subsection (3) must be by written vote.
(5) If a poll is required after the vote is taken at a meeting, the decision on a matter determined by a simple majority of votes cast at the meeting has no effect and the decision on that matter is the decision of the poll.
(6) A person who participates in a meeting by a teleconference or another prescribed manner is taken to be present in person at the meeting.
S. 89A inserted by No. 4/2021 s. 42.