(1) If a petroleum exploration permit is in force over a block that constitutes, or the blocks that constitute, a location, the permittee may, within the application period, apply to the Minister for the grant by the Minister of a petroleum production licence over that block or over one or more of those blocks.
For "application period", see section 165.
(2) At any time before an offer document relating to the application is given to the applicant, the applicant may, by written notice given to the Minister, vary the number of blocks specified in the application.
(3) A variation of an application must be made in an approved manner.
(4) A variation of an application may set out any additional matters that the applicant wishes to be considered.
(5) An application, or a variation of an application, under this section must be accompanied by details of the applicant's proposals for work and expenditure in relation to the area comprised in the block or blocks covered by the application or the varied application, as the case may be.
1 Part 2.10 contains additional provisions about application procedures.
2 Section 252 requires the application to be accompanied by an application fee.
3 Section 254 enables the Minister to require the applicant to give further information.