(1) This section sets out a simplified outline of this Part.
(2) It is an offence to construct or operate a pipeline in the offshore area without a pipeline licence.
(3) This Part provides for the grant of pipeline licences.
(4) A pipeline licence authorises the licensee to construct and operate a pipeline. A pipeline may be used to convey petroleum or a greenhouse gas substance.
(5) A pipeline licensee must not cease to operate the pipeline without the consent of the Minister.
(6) This section is intended only as a guide to readers as to the general scheme and effect of this Part.