(1) A greenhouse gas holding lessee may apply to the Minister for approval to carry on one or more key greenhouse gas operations under the lease.
(2) If an application for approval is made under subsection (1), the Minister may—
(a) give the approval, with or without conditions to which the approval is subject; or
(b) by written notice given to the applicant, refuse to give the approval.
(3) In deciding whether to give the approval, the Minister must comply with sections 330 and 331.
(4) For the purposes of this section, a suspension of rights under section 262 must be disregarded.
(5) To avoid doubt, section 325 does not imply that a greenhouse gas holding lessee who applies for approval under subsection (1) of this section is entitled to be given the approval.