(1) This section sets out a simplified outline of this Part.
(2) The Minister may give a direction to a greenhouse gas titleholder. A direction may extend to other persons.
(3) If there is noncompliance with a direction given by the Minister under Chapter 3, this Chapter or the regulations, the Minister may do anything required by the direction to be done, and the Minister's costs may be recovered from the person to whom the direction was given.
(4) In a prosecution for an offence relating to a noncompliance with a direction given by the Minister under Chapter 3, this Chapter or the regulations, it is a defence if the defendant took all reasonable steps to comply with the direction.
(5) This section is intended only as a guide to readers as to the general scheme and effect of this Part.
Division 2 —General power to give directions