(1) NOPSEMA must issue an identity card to a petroleum project inspector appointed under section 647(1).
(2) An identity card issued under subsection (1) must contain a recent photograph of the petroleum project inspector.
(3) A person appointed under section 647(1) who ceases to be a petroleum project inspector must immediately return the identity card to—
(a) NOPSEMA; or
(b) if NOPSEMA, by written notice given to the person, specifies another person to whom the card is to be returned—that other person.
Penalty: 5 penalty units.
(4) Subsection (3) does not apply if the identity card was lost or destroyed.
(5) A petroleum project inspector appointed under section 647(1) must carry the identity card at all times when exercising powers, or performing functions, under this Act or the regulations as a petroleum project inspector.
S. 648 (Heading) amended by No. 74/2012 s. 9(1).