(1) Subject to this section, this Part applies in relation to information, a document, a copy of a document or an extract of a document (the offshore information ) or a thing obtained in the course of—
(a) the exercise of a power, or the performance of a function, under this Act; or
(b) the administration of this Act.
(2) The offshore information may be or include personal information (within the meaning of the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 ) or health information (within the meaning of the Health Records Act 2001 ).
The use or disclosure of personal information is regulated under the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 and the use or disclosure of health information is regulated under the Health Records Act 2001.
(3) In particular, but without limiting subsections (1) or (2), this Part applies in relation to offshore information or a thing obtained by the Minister (including obtained by a greenhouse gas project inspector or petroleum project inspector appointed by the Minister, whether under a warrant issued for the purposes of this Act or otherwise) or NOPSEMA (including obtained by an OHS inspector appointed by the CEO, whether under a warrant issued for the purposes of this Act or otherwise).
This Part applies in relation to information given by a person to an OHS inspector under Schedule 3 in response to a requirement made of the person by the inspector to answer a question.
(4) This Part does not, by implication, limit the use of, or making available of, offshore information or a thing otherwise than in accordance with this Part.
(5) This Part does not apply to offshore information or a thing covered by Part 7.3 or a subordinate instrument made for the purposes of that Part.
Division 2—Minister's use of offshore information and things
S. 718E inserted by No. 68/2014 s.67.