S. 55(1) amended by No. 20/2017 s. 106(11)(a).
(1) The Information Commissioner may certify that a specified act or practice of an organisation is consistent with—
(a) an Information Privacy Principle; or
(b) an approved code of practice; or
(c) an information handling provision.
(2) The certificate remains in effect until any expiry date specified in the certificate, unless it is earlier set aside by a court or VCAT.
(3) The certificate must include an expiry date, unless it is inappropriate to do so in all the circumstances.
(4) A person who does an act or engages in a practice in good faith in accordance with a current certificate does not contravene the relevant Information Privacy Principle or approved code of practice or the relevant information handling provision (as the case requires).
S. 55(5) amended by No. 20/2017 s. 106(11)(b).
(5) A certificate under this section must be published on the Internet site of the Office of the Victorian Information Commissioner.