(1) The municipal council must submit a planning scheme prepared under section 18 to the Minister for approval under section 31 of the Principal Act on or before the date specified by the Minister in respect of that planning scheme.
(2) If the municipal council does not submit a planning scheme by the date specified by the Minister, the Minister may prepare and approve a planning scheme for that municipal district.
(3) The Principal Act (except sections 12(1)(a) and (e), 12(2), 12(3), Divisions 1 and 2 of Part 3 and section 39 and any regulations made for the purpose of those provisions) applies to the preparation and approval of a planning scheme by the Minister under subsection (2).
(4) A planning scheme approved under this section is deemed to be approved under the Principal Act.
(5) The municipal council must pay to the Crown the costs determined by the Governor in Council to be incurred by the Minister in preparing a planning scheme under this section for the council's municipal district.