(1) This section applies if—
(a) the Secretary makes an order under section 30 declaring an infected place; or
(b) the Minister makes an order under section 32 declaring a restricted area.
S. 62(2) amended by No. 37/2014 s. 10(Sch. item 125.2).
(2) The Secretary may, by instrument, authorise police officers or persons employed or engaged by emergency services agencies within the meaning of the Emergency Management Act 1986 to be inspectors—
(a) for the purposes of all or any of the provisions of this Act; and
(b) in respect of any plants, plant products, plant vectors, used packages, used equipment or earth material specified in the order—
for the period the order remains in force.
(3) A person in a class of persons appointed under subsection (2) may perform all of the functions and exercise all of the powers of an inspector under this Part.
(4) The Secretary may determine the terms and conditions of authorisation of inspectors.
(5) The Secretary may, in writing, revoke the authorisation of an inspector at any time.
(6) The terms and conditions of authorisation may contain general directions as to how the inspector's powers may be exercised.