(1) The Governor in Council may suspend the Parliamentary Budget Officer from office on the advice of the Minister.
(2) The Minister must not advise the Governor in Council to suspend the Parliamentary Budget Officer from office unless the Parliamentary Committee has given the Minister its recommendation in writing that the Officer be suspended on any of the following grounds—
(b) neglect of duty;
(c) inability to perform the duties of office;
(d) any other ground on which the Parliamentary Committee has determined that the Officer is unfit to hold office.
(3) If the Parliamentary Budget Officer is suspended from office, the chairperson of the Parliamentary Committee must cause a full statement of the grounds of suspension to be laid before each House of Parliament on or before the third sitting day of that House after the suspension.
(4) The Governor in Council must remove the Parliamentary Budget Officer from office if each House on or before the seventh sitting day of that House after the statement is laid before it, declares by resolution that the Parliamentary Budget Officer ought to be removed from office.
(5) The Governor in Council must remove the suspension and restore the Parliamentary Budget Officer to office unless each House makes a declaration of the kind specified in subsection (4) within the time specified in that subsection.
(6) The Parliamentary Budget Officer can only be removed from office in accordance with this section.