(1) COVID-19 Quarantine Victoria may request a prescribed body to provide it with the contact details of a person liable to pay fees under section 257 if COVID-19 Quarantine Victoria—
(a) requires those details to give the person an invoice under section 258; and
(b) has made reasonable attempts to obtain those details from the person directly; and
(c) despite its reasonable attempts, has not obtained those details.
(2) A prescribed body may provide COVID-19 Quarantine Victoria with the contact details requested if it is satisfied that the request has been made in accordance with subsection (1).
(3) COVID-19 Quarantine Victoria may only use or disclose a person's contact details provided under subsection (2)—
(a) to give the person an invoice under section 258; or
(b) to recover fees that the person is liable to pay under section 257; or
(c) for another purpose permitted by law.
(4) For the purposes of the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 and any other Act—
(a) the provision of a person's contact details under subsection (2) is taken to be a disclosure authorised by law; and
(b) the use or disclosure of a person's contact details under subsection (3) is taken to be a use or disclosure authorised by law.
(5) Subject to this section, COVID-19 Quarantine Victoria must comply with the Information Privacy Principles in respect of the use and disclosure of a person's contact details.
S. 259 (Heading) substituted by No. 53/2021 s. 51(1).
New s. 259 inserted by No. 44/2020 s. 5.