(1) The Secretary may certify in writing that a natural person is—
(a) competent to conduct a risk management plan audit; and
(b) an approved auditor for the purposes of this Act.
(2) In certifying a person as an approved auditor, the Secretary may—
(a) impose any conditions on the certification that the Secretary considers to be appropriate; and
(b) specify for how long the certificate remains current.
(3) If any fee is prescribed in relation to a certification, the Secretary must not certify a person until the person has paid the fee.
(4) An approved auditor must comply with any condition imposed on the certification by the Secretary under subsection (2)(a).
Penalty: 60 penalty units.
(5) The Secretary may, after giving a person an opportunity to be heard, revoke that person's certification as an approved auditor if the Secretary is satisfied that—
(a) the certification was granted on the basis of fraud, misrepresentation or the concealment of facts; or
(b) the person is not a suitable person to be an approved auditor; or
(c) the person has failed to comply with any requirement imposed by this Act or the regulations on approved auditors; or
(d) the person has unsatisfactorily carried out 2 or more risk management plan audits; or
(e) any other ground which is prescribed for the purposes of this section applies.