Victorian Current Acts

[Index] [Table] [Search] [Search this Act] [Notes] [Noteup] [Previous] [Next] [Download] [Help]


Recovery of amount for loss or damage

    (1)     A landlord or tenant, or former landlord or tenant, who suffers loss or damage because of unconscionable conduct of another person that contravenes section 77 or 78 may recover the amount of the loss or damage by lodging a claim with the Tribunal against the other person.

    (2)     The claim must be lodged within 6 years after the alleged unconscionable conduct occurred.

    (3)     If the matter of the loss or damage arises in connection with proceedings in the Tribunal, the Tribunal may proceed to decide the matter and award a sum that it considers appropriate.

Part 10—Dispute resolution

Division 1—Retail tenancy disputes

AustLII: Copyright Policy | Disclaimers | Privacy Policy | Feedback