(1) The Commission may determine that an inquiry it is proposing to, or must, conduct is a community interest inquiry.
(2) In making a determination under subsection (1), the Commission must have regard to the subject matter of the proposed inquiry and the functions, powers and duties it will perform or exercise for the purposes of that inquiry.
(3) If directed to do so by the Minister, the Commission must conduct a community interest inquiry into any matter specified by the Minister that is relevant to the administration of this Act, gambling legislation or liquor legislation.
(4) A direction made by the Minister under subsection (3) must be in writing.
(5) The Commission must make a report to the Minister on the results of a community interest inquiry conducted at the direction of the Minister under subsection (3).
Subdivision 2—Community interest inquiries