(1) A respondent referring a medical question to a Medical Panel must submit to the Medical Panel—
S. 28LZA(1)(a) amended by No. 102/2003 s. 28(1).
(a) a notice in writing and in the prescribed form (if any) setting out—
(i) the medical question; and
(ii) any other prescribed information; and
(b) a copy of any relevant certificate of assessment served on the respondent by the claimant under section 28LT.
S. 28LZA(2) substituted by No. 102/2003 s. 28(2).
(2) The Convenor may, in writing, request the respondent to provide to the Medical Panel any specified document or documents of a specified class in the respondent's possession.
S. 28LZA(2A) inserted by No. 102/2003 s. 28(2).
(2A) More than one request may be made under subsection (2).
S. 28LZA(2B) inserted by No. 102/2003 s. 28(2).
(2B) The respondent must comply with any request under subsection (2).
S. 28LZA(3) amended by No. 102/2003 s. 28(3).
(3) The Medical Panel may refuse to proceed to consider a medical question if it is not provided with the documents required under subsection (1) or requested under subsection (2).
S. 28LZA(4) substituted by No. 102/2003 s. 28(4).
(4) A respondent is deemed to have accepted the assessment in the certificate of assessment if the respondent—
(a) fails to provide the Medical Panel with the information and documents required under subsection (1) within 30 days after being requested in writing to do so by the Convenor; or
(b) fails to provide any documents requested under subsection (2) within 30 days after that request.
(5) The Convenor must notify the claimant in writing within 7 days of a deemed acceptance under subsection (4).
S. 28LZB inserted by No. 60/2003 s. 4.