S. 7A(1) amended by No. 87/1997
(1) Whenever it appears to the Minister that a taxon or kind of protected wildlife is causing injury or damage to—
(a) any building, vineyard, orchard, garden or other property;
(b) any crop, grass, trees or other vegetation; or
S. 7A(1)(c) amended by No. 87/1997
(c) any taxon or kind of animal (including fish)—
in an area of Victoria, the Governor in Council may upon the recommendation of the Minister by an Order published in the Government Gazette declare that taxon or kind of wildlife to be unprotected wildlife in the area and for the period specified therein.
S. 7A(2) amended by No. 87/1997
(2) An Order of the Governor in Council declared pursuant to subsection (1) shall specify the area, conditions, limitations and restrictions including the persons authorized and the methods that they may use to kill, take or otherwise control the taxon or kind of wildlife declared unprotected.
S. 7A(3) amended by Nos 41/1987 s. 103(Sch. 4 item 76.7), 87/1997
(3) Upon the making of the Order the Secretary shall cause notice of the making of the Order to be published in a newspaper circulating generally in the area to which the Order applies and the Secretary may take any other measures that the Secretary considers are necessary to publicize the provisions of the Order.
(4) Notwithstanding any other provision of this Act, the killing or taking of wildlife in accordance with the provisions of an Order declared pursuant to this section shall not constitute an offence against this Act or be unlawful by virtue of any of the provisions of this or any other Act.
S. 7A(5) amended by No. 70/1990 s. 12(1)(a).
(5) Any person who contravenes or fails to comply with any provision, condition, limitation or restriction contained in an Order under this section shall be guilty of an offence against this Act.
Penalty: 50 penalty units.
Ss 8, 9 repealed by No. 41/1987 s. 103(Sch. 4 item 76.8).
* * * * *
S. 10 amended by No. 9505 s. 4(2) (as amended by No. 9549 s. 2(1)(Sch. item 254) (as amended by No. 9902 s. 2(1)(Sch. item 230)), repealed by No. 41/1987 s. 103(Sch. 4 item 76.8).
* * * * *
S. 11 amended by Nos 41/1987 s. 103(Sch. 4 item 76.9), 87/1997
item 3), repealed by No. 24/2014 s. 29.
* * * * *
Pt 2 (Heading) amended by No. 9505 s. 5(9)(b).
Part II—State Wildlife Reserves and Nature Reserves