(1) There are established water corporations each of which is to be known by a name set out in an item in Column 1 of the table in Schedule 1.
S. 85(1A) inserted by No. 17/2012 s. 7.
(1A) There are established water corporations each of which is to be known by a name set out in an item in Column 1 of the Table in Schedule 1A.
(2) The Minister may, by determination, with the approval of the Treasurer, establish a water corporation, if the Minister is satisfied that it is necessary to do so for the purposes of section 87, which is to be known by the name set out in the determination.
(3) Each water corporation established under this section—
(a) is a body corporate with perpetual succession; and
(b) has an official seal; and
(c) may sue and be sued; and
(d) may acquire, hold or dispose of real and personal property; and
(e) may do and suffer all acts and things that a body corporate may by law do and suffer.
(4) All courts must take judicial notice of the seal of a water corporation affixed to a document and, until the contrary is proved, must presume that it was duly affixed.
(5) The official seal of each water corporation must be kept in the custody that is directed by the water corporation and must not be used, except as authorised by the water corporation.
S. 86 substituted by No. 85/2006 s. 54.