(1) This Act applies to lodgeable infringement offences.
(2) This Part and Parts 2 and 3 and Part 13 (other than sections 165 and 166) of this Act apply to infringement offences.
(3) This Act does not apply to infringement notices issued or served under local laws or the enforcement of offences against local laws by infringement notice under section 117 of the Local Government Act 1989 , other than a local law which is a parking infringement within the meaning of the Road Safety Act 1986 .
(4) Subject to anything to the contrary in the Children and Young Persons Act 1989 or this Act, this Act does not apply to infringement notices issued to or served on a child within the meaning of the Children and Young Persons Act 1989 or to the enforcement of an offence for which an infringement notice or a penalty notice within the meaning of Schedule 2A to that Act could be issued or a prescribed offence within the meaning of that Schedule.
(5) Regulations made under this Act must not prescribe an offence referred to in sub-section (3) (other than a parking infringement) or sub-section (4) to be a lodgeable infringement offence.