After section 67 of the Principal Act insert —
(1) For the purpose of obtaining information relevant to the determination of a claim, the Committee may—
(a) require a claimant or any other party to a claim to provide any further information that the Committee thinks fit in the manner required by the Committee; or
(b) seek advice and information on the claim from any other person or body or source as it thinks fit.
(2) The Committee may refuse a claim in whole or in part if the claimant does not provide the further information required within a reasonable time of the requirement being made.
(3) The Committee may admit a claim in whole or in part if a motor car trader who is party to the claim does not provide the further information required within a reasonable time of the requirement being made.
(1) The Committee may request a specified public body to provide a report to the Committee in respect of any matter relevant to the determination of a claim.
(2) If the Committee obtains information in respect of a claim, the Committee may disclose that information to—
(a) the claimant; or
(b) the motor car trader; or
(c) any other person (including a specified public body)—
if the Committee considers it reasonable to disclose the information to that person for the purpose of obtaining information to determine the claim.
(3) In this section "specified public body" means—
(a) the Director; or
(b) the Authority; or
(c) the Roads Corporation; or
(d) the Chief Commissioner of Police.".