(1) The Governor in Council may, on the recommendation of the Minister, appoint a person to be Deputy President of the Tribunal if the person is eligible for appointment as a legal member of the Tribunal.
(2) The Deputy President holds office—
(a) for the term, not exceeding 5 years, specified in the instrument of appointment; and
(b) on a full-time or part-time basis.
(3) The Deputy President is eligible for reappointment.
(4) If, immediately before his or her appointment, the Deputy President was an officer within the meaning of the State Superannuation Act 1988 , then, while he or she is Deputy President, he or she continues, subject to that Act, to be an officer within the meaning of that Act.
(5) The Deputy President may engage in the practice of any profession or in any paid employment (whether within or outside Victoria) outside the duties of his or her office if—
(a) the Minister gives his or her consent; and
(b) the Deputy President complies with all the conditions attached to that consent.