Western Australian Current Acts

[Index] [Table] [Search] [Search this Act] [Notes] [Noteup] [Previous] [Next] [Download] [Help]


50A .         Driver using foreign country’s driver’s licence etc. to carry it etc.

        (1)         A person whose authority to drive depends on a licence or authorisation granted under the law of an external licensing authority (as defined in the Road Traffic (Authorisation to Drive) Act 2008 section 3(1)) is required —

            (a)         while driving a motor vehicle on a road, to carry —

                  (i)         the official document that is evidence of that licence or authorisation; and

                  (ii)         if the official document is not in the English language, a translation of it into the English language verified by a person or body approved by the CEO;


            (b)         to produce that document for inspection at the request of any police officer.

        (2)         If the person fails to comply with any condition to which the licence or authorisation is subject that can lawfully be complied with in this State, the person commits an offence.


            (a)         for a first offence, 8 PU;

            (b)         for a subsequent offence, 16 PU.

        [Section 50A inserted: No. 54 of 2006 s. 10; amended: No. 8 of 2012 s. 11A (as amended: No. 10 of 2015 s. 14), 36 and 37.]

[ 51.         Deleted: No. 8 of 2012 s. 11.]

[ 52.         Deleted: No. 76 of 1996 s. 14.]

[ 53.         Deleted: No. 8 of 2012 s. 11.]

AustLII: Copyright Policy | Disclaimers | Privacy Policy | Feedback