Other legislation applies in relation to offences against this Act.
Note 1 Criminal Code
The Criminal Code
, ch 2 applies to the following offences against this Act (see Code, pt 2.1):
• s 19 (Prescribed concentration of alcohol in blood or breath)
• s 20 (Prescribed drug in oral fluid or blood––driver or driver trainer)
• s 22A (Refusing to provide oral fluid sample)
• s 22B (Failing to stay for screening test)
• s 22C (Refusing to undergo screening test)
• s 23 (1) (Refusing blood test etc)
• s 25 (Consuming alcohol—driver or driver trainer)
• s 47B (Police may direct person not to drive).
The chapter sets out the general principles of criminal responsibility (including burdens of proof and general defences), and defines terms used for offences to which the Code applies (eg "conduct", "intention", recklessness and strict liability ).
Note 2 Penalty units
The Legislation Act
, s 133 deals with the meaning of offence
penalties that are expressed in penalty units.