59. (1) A Coroner may, by instrument, appoint a person to assist him or her in the investigation of any matter relating to an inquest or inquiry.
(2) An investigator appointed under subsection (1) shall—
(a) inquire into; and
(b) report in writing to the Coroner on;
any matter referred to the investigator by the Coroner by his or her instrument of appointment.
(3) The instrument of appointment of an investigator shall specify—
(a) particulars of the subject matter into which the investigator is to inquire and report;
(b) the conditions (if any) to which his or her appointment is subject; and
(c) the remuneration (if any) to which he or she is entitled to receive.
(4) An investigator who is a public servant is not entitled to be paid remuneration under subsection (3).
(5) The Coroner holding the inquest or inquiry in relation to which the investigations are made shall have regard to the report of the investigator and shall give it such weight as the Coroner thinks fit.