(1) This section applies if an authority granted under section 15KB authorises a request under this section.
(2) The person specified in subsection (2A) may request the chief officer of an issuing agency stated in the authority to:
(a) produce evidence of an assumed identity in accordance with the authority; and
(b) give evidence of the assumed identity to the following:
(i) the authorised person named in the authority;
(ii) an officer of the law enforcement agency or the intelligence agency specified by the chief officer of that agency in the request.
Note: Section 15KW modifies the effect of this provision if control of the authority is transferred.
(2A) For the purposes of subsection (2), the person who may make the request is:
(a) the chief officer of a law enforcement agency who granted the authority; or
(b) the chief officer of an intelligence agency (other than the Office of National Intelligence) who granted the authority; or
(c) if the chief officer of the Office of National Intelligence granted the authority--the chief officer of another intelligence agency.
(3) The request must state a reasonable period for compliance with the request.
(4) The request must include:
(a) the date of the authority granted under section 15KB; and
(b) details of the assumed identity authorised; and
(c) details of any evidence of the assumed identity that may be acquired under the authority.
(5) A request must not be made under this section for an entry in a register of births, deaths or marriages.
(6) In this section:
"evidence" means evidence similar to that ordinarily produced or given by the issuing agency.
Note: The chief officer may delegate functions under this section--see section 15LH.