(1) This section applies to a sea installation that has been brought into Australian waters from a place outside the outer limits of Australian waters for the purpose of being installed in an adjacent area or in a coastal area.
(2) On the arrival of a sea installation at its proposed location, an officer may require the person in charge of the installation to muster, in the presence of the officer, all of the people on board the installation.
(3) An officer may require the person in charge of a sea installation to muster, in the presence of the officer, all of the people on board the installation before the installation is detached from its location for the purpose of being taken to a place outside the outer limits of Australian waters.
(4) An officer may require a person on board a sea installation that is installed in an adjacent area or in a coastal area to produce to the officer for inspection the person's identity documents.
(5) A person must not fail to comply with a requirement made under this section.
Penalty: 40 penalty units.
(6) Subsection (5) does not apply if the person has a reasonable excuse.
Note: A defendant bears an evidential burden in relation to the matter in subsection (6) (see subsection 13.3(3) of the Criminal Code ).
(7) An offence against subsection (5) is an offence of strict liability.
Note: For strict liability , see section 6.1 of the Criminal Code .