(1) The object of this subdivision is to facilitate the provision of regional infrastructure that supports and promotes housing and economic activity in a region by enabling a contribution (a
"housing and productivity contribution" ) to be required.
(2) Regional infrastructure may be provided in 1 or more of the following ways--(a) by providing the regional infrastructure,(b) by recouping the cost of providing the regional infrastructure,(c) by funding recurrent expenditure relating to providing the regional infrastructure,(d) by the Minister, the Planning Ministerial Corporation or the Planning Secretary exercising the following functions in the administration of this part--(i) carrying out research or investigation,(ii) preparing a report or study or an instrument,(iii) doing another matter or thing in connection with the administration of this part.
(3) Regional infrastructure provided under subsection (2)(a)-(c) may be provided by making a payment to a council for the council to provide the regional infrastructure.
(4) A Ministerial planning order may require a housing and productivity contribution towards the provision of regional infrastructure.
(5) A housing and productivity contribution must not be imposed on development on land in a region to provide regional infrastructure outside the region or the State, except to the extent that it is for measures to conserve or enhance the natural environment.
(6) In this section--
"provide" infrastructure includes to extend or augment infrastructure.