New South Wales Consolidated Acts
[Search this Act]
GAMING MACHINES ACT 2001 - SECT 136
Grant of CMS licence
(1) The Minister may, after considering an application under Part 12 for a
(a) grant a CMS licence to the applicant, or
(b) refuse to
grant a licence.
(2) A CMS licence granted under this section--
into force on the day on which it is granted or on such later date as may be
specified in, or determined in accordance with, the CMS licence, and
remains in force for the term specified in the CMS licence unless sooner
cancelled or surrendered, and
(c) may be granted on the basis that no other
CMS licence will be granted during the term of the licence, and
subject to such conditions as may be imposed by or under this Act or the
regulations or are specified in the CMS licence.
(3) A CMS licence granted on
the basis referred to in subsection (2) (c) is referred to in this section as
"exclusive CMS licence" .
(4) The Minister may not grant a CMS licence under
this section in relation to any period in which an exclusive CMS licence is in
(5) A CMS licence may be granted to 1 person or 2 or more persons
(6) Without limiting subsection (2) (a), a CMS licence may provide
that the licence comes into force on or after the day on which specified
criteria have been satisfied.
AustLII: Copyright Policy