(1) A driver must not stop a goods vehicle in a ticket-operated loading zone unless a current loading zone ticket is displayed in a manner that makes its date and expiry time clearly visible to persons outside the vehicle:(a) in or on the front left-hand portion of the vehicle, or(b) if a different portion is specified in the ticket in relation to a particular class of vehicles, in or on such portion of the vehicle as is so specified.Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.Note :
"Goods vehicle" and
"loading zone ticket" are defined in the Dictionary.
"ticket-operated loading zone" is a length of road to which a loading zone sign applies where information on or with the sign includes the word "TICKET".Note :
"With" is defined in the Dictionary.
(3) A driver does not commit an offence under subrule (1) if the driver:(a) stops a goods vehicle in a ticket-operated loading zone before obtaining a loading zone ticket, so long as the person obtains and displays a current loading zone ticket in accordance with this rule immediately after stopping the vehicle, or(b) is driving a vehicle that is actually engaged in dropping off, or picking up, passengers.
(4) A driver must not display more than one loading zone ticket at any one time in or on a goods vehicle that is stopped in a ticket-operated loading zone.Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.
(5) The driver of a goods vehicle must not allow the vehicle to remain stopped in a ticket-operated loading zone after the expiry of the loading zone ticket displayed in or on the vehicle.Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.
(6) The driver of a goods vehicle must not replace a loading zone ticket in or on the vehicle (whether or not either of the expiry times shown on the ticket has been reached) with a fresh loading zone ticket for the purpose of allowing the vehicle to remain stopped in the ticket-operated loading zone after the expiry time specified in the first loading zone ticket for the vehicle.Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.Note : A driver (along with other persons) may also commit offences under clause 92 of the Road Transport (General) Regulation 2013 if he or she defaces or otherwise interferes with a loading zone ticket machine or loading zone ticket.
(7) A driver must not stop in a ticket-operated loading zone that is closed.Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.Note : Clause 93 of the Road Transport (General) Regulation 2013 enables the Authority to temporarily close a ticket-operated loading zone by erecting a sign to that effect in, or in close proximity to, the zone.
(8) This rule prevails over any other parking restrictions that apply within a ticket-operated loading zone, and those restrictions do not apply, and may not be enforced, in respect of a goods vehicle that is stopped in such a zone in accordance with this rule.
Note 1 for diagram : There is another permitted version of the loading zone sign --see the diagram in Schedule 3.
Note 2 for diagram : A loading zone sign may have an arrow pointing in a different direction and anything on the sign may be differently arranged--see rule 316 (4).
Note : This rule is an additional NSW road rule. There is no corresponding rule in the Australian Road Rules .