(1) The CEO may appoint, by Gazette notice, a person to be an authorised officer.
(2) The CEO must not appoint a person to be an authorised officer unless satisfied that the person has the skills, qualifications, training and experience to properly perform the functions of an authorised officer.
(3) For subsection (2), the CEO may require that a person successfully complete a course of training specified by the CEO before the person may be appointed as an authorised officer.
(4) An appointment under this section may be for a specified period and subject to conditions or limitations specified in the notice of appointment.
(5) A police officer has the powers and functions of an authorised officer under this Act, subject to any conditions or limitations that the CEO may specify by Gazette notice .