Queensland Consolidated Acts
[Search this Act]
PLANNING ACT 2016 - SECT 265
Planning and development certificates
265 Planning and development certificates
(1) A person may apply to a local government for a limited, standard or full
planning and development certificate for premises.
(2) The application must
be accompanied by the required fee.
(3) The local government must give the
certificate to the applicant within the following period after the application
(a) for a limited certificate—5 business days;
(b) for a
standard certificate—10 business days;
(c) for a full certificate—30
(4) The certificate must include the information prescribed by
(5) A person who suffers financial loss because of an error or
omission in a planning and development certificate may claim reasonable
compensation from the local government if the claim is made within 6 years
after the loss is first suffered.
(6) Section 32 applies to the claim as
(a) the claim were a compensation claim; or
(b) a reference to the
affected owner were a reference to the person.
AustLII: Copyright Policy