Queensland Consolidated Regulations
[Search this Regulation]
UNIFORM CIVIL PROCEDURE RULES 1999 - REG 56
(1) The first party to invoke the cross-vesting laws must make an application
for directions and serve it on all other parties.
(2) If a plaintiff is
required to make the application for directions, the plaintiff must make and
serve the application within 7 days after being served with the first notice
of intention to defend.
(3) If a defendant is required to make the
application for directions, the defendant must make and serve the application
within 7 days after service of the process invoking the cross-vesting laws.
(4) If a proceeding is transferred to the court from another court, the party
who started the proceeding must, within 14 days after the date of the order
transferring the proceeding, make and serve an application for directions.
(5) If the party does not comply with subrule (4) , another party may make and
serve the application or the court may call the parties before it on its own
(6) On the hearing of the application for directions, the court
must give a direction or make a decision about the conduct of the proceeding
that the court considers appropriate.
(7) The court may, at the trial or
hearing of the proceeding, vary an order or decision made on the application
AustLII: Copyright Policy