(1) The Governor in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister, must appoint as a deputy for each member of the Tribunal, a person who satisfies the same qualification requirements as those that apply to the member for whom he or she is a deputy.
(2) A person must not be appointed as a deputy for a member of the Tribunal if that person is—
(a) a member or a deputy of the Panel; or
(b) an eligible rock lobster access licence holder, an eligible specified access licence holder or an eligible charter boat operator.
(3) The Governor in Council may, at any time, on the recommendation of the Minister, remove a deputy and appoint another deputy in accordance with subsection (1).
(4) A deputy is appointed for the term, not exceeding 3 years, that is specified in his or her instrument of appointment.
(5) A deputy is eligible for re-appointment.
(6) Subject to this section, a deputy holds office on those terms and conditions (including as to payment and travel allowances) that are specified in his or her instrument of appointment.
S. 191(7) substituted by Nos 108/2004 s. 117(1) (Sch. 3 item 79.6), 80/2006 s. 26(Sch. item 40.6).
(7) The Public Administration Act 2004 (other than
Part 3 of that Act) applies to a deputy in respect of the office of
(8) A deputy has, while acting in the place of a member, the powers and duties of the member.
S. 192 inserted by No. 40/2002 s. 27.