(1) If an application for registration of an incorporated limited partnership has been made in accordance with section 88, the Director may register the incorporated limited partnership.
(2) If the Director registers an incorporated limited partnership, the firm-name of the partnership is its name as recorded in the Register.
(3) An incorporated limited partnership must have the words "An Incorporated Limited Partnership" (or the expression "L.P." or "LP" as an abbreviation) at the end of its firm-name, as recorded in the Register.
S. 89(4) substituted by No. 79/2011 s. 35(3).
(4) However, except with the consent of the Minister, the Director must not record in the Register as the firm-name of an incorporated limited partnership a name that, in the opinion of the Director—
(a) is undesirable;
(b) is likely to be confused with or mistaken for—
(i) a name under which another body is incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act 1981 ; or
(ii) a business name registered to another body under the Business Names Registration Act 2011 of the Commonwealth; or
(iii) the firm-name of another body that is registered as a limited partnership or an incorporated limited partnership under this Act; or
S. 89(4)(b)(iv) amended by No. 9/2013 s. 42(Sch. 2 item 13).
(iv) the corporate name of another body that is registered as a co‑operative under the Co‑operatives National Law (Victoria); or
(v) a name that is reserved or registered under the Corporations Act for another body.
(5) Subject to subsection (4), registration is effected by recording in the Register the particulars in the statement lodged with the Director.
S. 90 inserted by No. 99/2003 s. 4.