(1) A provision mentioned in subrule (2) does not apply to a person at the site of, and engaged in, roadworks if, in the circumstances—
(a) it is not practicable for the person to comply with the provision; and
(b) sufficient warning of the roadworks has been given to other road users.
Roadworks is defined in subrule (4).
(2) Subrule (1) applies to the following provisions—
• Division 1 (Left turns at intersections) and Division 2 (Right turns (except hook turns) at intersections) of Part 4 (Making turns);
• Part 7 (Giving way), except—
– rule 67 (Stopping and giving way at a stop sign or stop line at an intersection without traffic lights);
– rule 68 (Stopping and giving way at a stop sign or stop line at other places);
– rule 69 (Giving way at a give way sign or give way line at an intersection (except at a roundabout));
– rule 70 (Giving way at a give way sign at a bridge or length of narrow road);
– rule 71 (Giving way at a give way sign or give way line at other places);
• Part 8 (Traffic signs and road markings), except—
– rule 102 (Clearance and low clearance signs);
– rule 103 (Load limit signs);
• Part 11 (Keeping left, overtaking and other driving rules);
• Part 12 (Restrictions on stopping and parking);
• rule 224 (Using horns and similar warning devices);
• Part 14 (Rules for pedestrians), except rule 236(1) (which is about causing a traffic hazard by moving into the path of an approaching vehicle);
• rule 264 (Wearing of seatbelts by drivers);
• rule 265 (Wearing of seatbelts by passengers 16 years old, or older);
• rule 268 (How persons must travel in or on a motor vehicle);
• rule 288 (Driving on a path);
• rule 289 (Driving on a nature strip);
• rule 290 (Driving on a traffic island);
• rule 295 (Motor vehicle towing another vehicle with a towline);
• rule 296 (Driving a vehicle in reverse);
• rule 297(2) (which requires a driver to have a clear view of the surrounding road and traffic);
• rule 298 (Driving with a person in a trailer).
(3) Rule 20 (Obeying the speed-limit) does not apply to a driver—
(a) driving a snow-clearing vehicle and engaged in snow-clearing; or
(b) driving a motor vehicle and engaged in speed zoning tests authorised by the Corporation.
(4) In this rule—
(a) construction or maintenance of a road; or
(b) road cleaning; or
(c) installation or maintenance work above or below a road; or
(d) installation or maintenance of a traffic control device, traffic-related item or traffic monitoring device; or
(e) a traffic survey authorised by the Corporation; or
(f) a road surface survey test.
Traffic control device and traffic-related item are defined in the dictionary.